I had a little accident in the garage last week. We were hoisting a car top carrier to the ceiling when it fell, hitting me in the head and knocking me to the floor. After lying there for a bit, deciding if I could get up, I finally did! I ended up with a bruised backside, a lump on the noggin and a small fracture in my wrist. I actually put off having my wrist x-rayed until this week when it didn’t seem to be getting any better. Can you believe that I put it off because I didn’t want to seem like a wimp?
Anyhoo . . . it could’ve been much worse and I’m thankful to God that it wasn’t.
Welcome to FREEDOM FRIDAY – A devotional, emotional, spiritual and sometimes hysterical series that I will be sharing on occasional Fridays, in addition to my regular Old Things New posts. Why? Because though once bound in chains Christ has set me free – FREE to live, to love, to dance, to sing, to be who God created me to be!
So let’s make this Freedom Friday a little bit fun! When I found out I had a fracture and would have to have my hand immobilized I was pretty bummed. Hubby gave me the assignment of writing down 10 things I was grateful for. Leave it to him to do that! So . . . two days later and the list is complete and ready for your viewing pleasure:
TEN THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
10. I can take a break from working on projects (even though it is killing me just a bit).
9. I get to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing leisurely dinners (do you know long it takes to chop an onion with one hand that doesn’t have an opposable thumb?).
8. I only need to shave one armpit.
7. Health, strength, and pretty nails (Wink, wink to my friend Leslie).
6. Wonderful daughters who make fun of our exploits and if they don’t stop may have to move home and take care of us!
5. Grateful we are still young (yes we are) and our daughters don’t have to move in with us again (I do love them though)!
4. Two hands that will work together again soon and will be just as good as new.
3. Thankful that the accident wasn’t worse than a bruised backside, a lump on the noggin and a small wrist fracture.
2. Touched that my husband takes responsibility for the accident (no, Kelly, it really wasn’t your fault), cares for me, and takes good care of me.
1. Happy to have this time to slow down and reflect on all that I’ve been blessed with.
LIFE IS GOOD . . . VERY GOOD!
Blessings to you dear friends,
Mondays Making Your Home Sing Mondays The Beauty in His Grip What Joy is Mine/Monday Musings A Proverbs 31 Wife Darling Downs Diaries The Art of Homemaking Mom2Mom Linkup
Tuesdays Rich Faith Rising Unite Linky Cornerstone Confessions Titus 2 Tuesday Teaching What is Good Time Warp Wife Solo Deo Gloria Sisterhood More of Him Testimony Tuesday
Wednesdays A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Juana Mikels Woman to Woman Word Filled Wednesdays A Little R & R Whole Hearted Home So Much at Home Mom’s Morning Coffee Women with Intention
Thursdays Serving Joyfully/Thriving Thursdays
3-D Lessons for Life/Thought Provoking Thursdays The Deliberate Mom/Shine Blog Hop I Choose Joy
Fridays A Look at the Book Christian Mommy Blogger Fellowship Fridays Blessing Counters Missional Women Faith Filled Fridays Faith & Fellowship Bloghop Grace & Truth Linkup
Saturdays Still Saturday The Weekend Brew
Sundays Spiritual Sundays Sunday Stillness